Citizens of Victoria Warned on Risks of Fire0
There have been several cases of fire in the city of Victoria, but the most rememberable one is associated with the dangerous fire that happened at Topaz Park. Due to the Victoria Fire Department, the fire was caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials. The information was received by a walker that reported on the grass fire, spreading too fast. When a fire crew arrived at the place, the fire was occupying the trees already. Thanks to a general alarm, a lot of fire brigades were heading for Topaz Park and started fighting the fire at 5:10 p.m.
The first crews who managed to come there appeared to be the crews from the Bay and Yates Street stations. They managed to stop fire from spreading and managed to prevent its reaching the near-by residences. The risk of spreading and reaching the residences was really high as there was a lot of chip mulch located nearby and could easily serve as a touch string. Fire fighters are really sure that the main cause of the fire appeared to be improperly discarded smoking materials.
As a result, the fire department wants to caution the residents of Victoria about dry weather conditions and all the cigarette butts should be properly disposed. At the same time, the 911 caller said that the fire size wasn’t so large at first but within several minutes it turned into a real fire that could not be stopped from spreading.
According to her words, the fire brigade arrived within 8 minutes and fire fighters appeared to work professionally and managed to cope with the fire rather effectively. In any case, each person who spends a lot of time outdoors and has a bad habit needs to think of how much harm could be caused if the smoking materials are not properly discarded.